Beef Burgers - Make -at-Home Kiev Burgers
Recipe from: Great British Beef Week
Prep Time 15 mins.
Cook time 20 mins.
450g lean beef mince
Freshly milled black pepper
1 small courgette, coarsely grated
For the Garlic Butter
75g salted butter, slightly softened
2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or chives
- To prepare the garlic butter; in a small bowl mix together all the ingredients.
- Mould the butter into a cylinder shape,the diameter of a two pence coin. Wrap in foil and freeze for up to 2 hours.
- In a large bowl mix the burger ingredients together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 8 x 9cm burgers.Cut the butter into 4 x 1cm thick discs. Place a disc in the centre of each burger. Position the remaining burgers on top and continue to mould into a burger shape so that the butter discs are hidden in the centre. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers in a bun or with flatbreads, a crisp green salad and a selection of relishes.