Higginsons of Grange
Beautiful Honey-Glazed Rack of Lamb
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C, 400°F.
- In a small bowl mix together the honey, soy sauce, mustard and mint.
- Place the racks, fat side up on a chopping board and lightly score. Season on both sides and brush the rack on both sides with the honey mixture. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes for medium. Cover the bones with foil if browning too quickly.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce; heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onions and carrots over a moderate heat for 10 minutes, until golden brown. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously. Pour in the wine and the stock.
- Increase the heat and bring to the boil, stirring continuously, reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until thickened. Add the rosemary, season, cover and set aside.
- Cut the rack into cutlets and serve with a gooey cheese mash, fine green beans and the sauce.